Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Geology

I was going to write about Easter Blah, Blah, Blah but there's not much to tell. Isaac was ill for the most part, but much better now. Unfortunately it took a course of antibiotics to get him there - his first lot :o(

Everythings been ticking over quite nicely HE wise. As part of out geology lessons Emily has been having fun with the Virtual Quarry
and I've started her doing a self assessment type thing at the end of the week (although not as scary as that sounds?!) mainly to find out what she enjoys/doesn't and what she finds easy/difficult so i can tailor her work as necessary.

Also i must pass on this link as this man's work is breathtakingly lovely, not to mention jaw-droppingly amazing!!!

oh and i got Soulemama's book yesterday and it is awesome! I highly recommend it, lots of great ideas.

Right, sewing is calling...

3 comments:

Always Learning said...

Sorry to hear about Issac, I know how you feel when they end up having to have antibiotics for the first time....but if it makes him pick up that's something.

Had my small op today, so now home resting wth laptop in bed, they wanted me to stay in but, I wouldn't have got much sleep.

The self assessment actually sounds a good idea, are you just going to asks questions or have her write them down?

Regarding your comment about history timelines, I can't quite make up my mind about the currclick stuff, I feel this is a project I should be able to do by DIY means..lol.

CJ x

Nicki said...

Don't blame you for wanting to head home asap - wishing you a speedy recovery.

With the self assessment i've made a sheet of questions but am writing down the answers for her. The intention being that once she gets into the swing of it she will do it herself.

I know what you mean about the timelines - it's a simple project and should be easy to put together but sometimes i get seduced by the nicely printed packages and stickers that go along with them, do you know what i mean?!

dottyspots said...

Oooh, I'd like the Soulemama book - it's on my wishlist too.