I haven't made these for ages and had forgotten just how good they are. The problem is when you see just how much butter goes into making 25 of these little mouthfuls it kind of puts you off consuming them.
[caption id="attachment_794" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Melting Moments"][/caption]
Well for about five minutes.
makes 25 approx.
250 g Butter (I warned you)
80 g icing sugar
225 g plain flour
75 g cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Butter Cream
100g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract or grated lemon rind plus a furthur tsp of lemon juice
Raspberry jam (opt)
- Fan Oven 160°c . Line 2 baking trays.
- Put butter, sugar, and vanilla in food prcessor or blend by hand until fluffy. Then add the sived, blended flours in two or three lots. If using a food processor now is the time to pulse until you see it "ball up".
- Flour hands and get large teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls approximatly 2.5cm across. Place on baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork. Make sure they are about 3cm apart as they will spread a little.
- Bake for about 15mins, they still want to be pale not browned! Leave to cool for 5mins before lifting onto cooling racks. Leave to cool completly before icing.
- Mix all the ingrediants together until smooth and use to sandwich two biscuits together. If you like you can spead with a thin layer of jam before adding the icing.
- Dust with icing sugar to finish.
- Put the kettle on and enjoy!